Monday, July 24, 2006

Getting better....yay!

We're all starting to feel better in the H household now......thank goodness.

The munchkin is getting more life back into her, she's getting her grins back and is back trying to get into everything. It's so good seeing her smiles and helps me feel better too.

I'm feeling much better too. Sadly, the tummy bug has caused my IBS to flare up, which is fun in the mornings, but hopefully that'll ease again soon.

I'm looking forward to going up to my parents tomorrow, the journey will be interesting with the temperatures we've been having, but we'll just have to cope. Hopefully we'll be able to get the seat with space for the munchkin's pushchair on the mainline train, but I'm not really holding out much hope, we're not getting on at the start of the route, so I suspect that someone who just wants to spread out will have it. We'll just have to be in the doorways, it's the only other space that the pushchair will fit in. It'll be great to see the girls again, we're going out for dinner tomorrow and meeting R (the one going to the US) for brunch on Wednesday before getting the train home. I can't believe we're travelling ~200 miles (each way!) in temperatures exceeding 30oC for one night.....I think I'm mad!

The wasp guy from the council arrived this morning...he couldn't find a nest where we thought we had one, but there was possibly one round the corner in the roof. He's treated all spaces where a nest could be situated and we haven't seen any wasps since, so hopefully they're gone. He thought the wasps may have been going into the outlet pipe from the toilet for a drink! They then may have got lost and somehow got into the bathroom from there....no idea how! Hopefully Mr H will polyfilla all around the pipes in the next few days to eliminate the chance of the evil beings getting in again.

We did have a highlight today....the munchkin pulled herself up on the settee and cruised along to try and get at the laptop!!! I was so proud of her, I was talking to mum on the phone at that point and just squealed . She could only do it because the airbed was next to the settee, she's too small to be able to reach the settee otherwise. It's only the past week or so that the munchkin has been willing to take any weight on her legs so I really didn't expect to see that today. I'm so pleased! I managed to get a quick photo of her standing there before she sat back down so Mr H could see it as he was still at work. It was another sign of the munchkin getting better. Even yesterday morning there were times when all she wanted to do was just lie and watch the world go by.

I need to go and get some sleep, need all the rest I can get before tomorrow's journey. Bye!

No comments: