Monday, August 14, 2006

Success!

We spent the whole weekend traipsing around trying to find a stockist of the trailer we wanted, we eventually managed it in Fulham yesterday having spent Saturday visiting lots of bike shops within a 1 1/2 mile radius of Cambridge centre (we missed out the ones that we knew were too small to stock a trailer). The trailer is huge, but will be very stable and has lots of space for luggage. The next step is to order it online so we can finally get on the move and I can have a social life again! Yay! It was an exhausting weekend, but knowing we achieved something makes it a bit more worthwhile.

We're having fun and games with the munchkin now, as well as crawling she's on her feet and cruising everywhere. She's also started taking steps when we hold her hands, I don't think it'll be too much longer before she's walking properly.

Anyway, once again as soon as I start blogging she's woken up from her nap, so I'll be off now. Bye!

3 comments:

caramaena said...

Heh, baby radar is all-powerful. Every single time you sit down to do something interesting, they wake up! (Mind you, my little one is 4 now so he's able to occupy himself for a bit.)

Juggling Mother said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Juggling Mother said...

had a child seat on my bike when we only had Mstr A. It is MUCH easier to use than a trailer, and a small back pack doesn't cause any problems - although I turned into a saddo & put a basket on the front:-) It did dent my rear hubcap a little, but not enough to make any difference to cycling efficiency.

I got a trailer recently to drag the two girls around. It does have more luggage space which is useful, but it is VERY big - you have to go on the road, and even some cycle paths are not suitable. You also have to re-learn how to corner without bouncing the trailer over the pavement/into parked cars:-)

One day you'll catch up on your sleep. Or so i've been told......

Come and enter the competition for a snap-band on my blog. The Munchkin would love one I'm sure, and I could do with a few entrants - if I ever want to get any more freebies out of anyone;-)