Saturday, November 18, 2006

All change!

Well, I've said goodbye to my old template. I did love it, but wanted the flexibility of the new system. Many thanks to Jeni for giving me the old template, maybe one day I'll manage to teach myself enough HTML to create my own one.

My weight loss ticker also reappeared this week. I've decided to give Weight Watchers one more go, I know all the points counting works for me when I keep focussed and I really want to succeed this time. I'd love to weigh less than Mr H. He's 5'9" tall and weighs 8 stone 13, where as I'm 5'2" and weigh 12 stone 3 (or did when I weighed in last Sunday, hopefully it'll be less by weigh in tomorrow). That put my BMI at 31.3 (obese!), and Mr H's at 18.46 (underweight). I'm not sure I could ever get to that target, but with 7 lbs of him would be nice. My initial weight target is 10 stone, I'd love to get to 9 stone (middle of the healthy BMI for my height). At the moment I'm delaying trying to conceive #2 until I get my weight a bit more in control and am sure that my depression and hormones post implant are under control.

So far this week I've done really well, kept within my points (even when the munchkin was poorly and I was eating junk for the energy fix) and done a lot more exercise. Mr H, the munchkin and I all walked (or rode in the munchkin's case) all the way into town and back home again this morning. It's around 3 miles each way and isn't something I've managed before. It felt so good, especially when I pushed the pushchair all the way home laden with all the shopping (including a huge bag of potatoes). I'm going to try and find some excuse to walk into town at least twice a week and go for a shorter walk every other day. The local newsagent doesn't sell the weekly mag I try and get every week so that's one outing, reading group at the library in town is another....I'll have to work on the rest!

1 comment:

caramaena said...

Good luck with the weight loss.

I had a bmi of 32 about a year and a half ago and now it's 26.8. I'm just aiming to not be in the overweight range. Bloody hard work though!