Monday, April 24, 2006

I did intend to...

...post sooner than this...sorry!

The washing machine is fine. Somehow it decomposed one of my bras which caused the grey residue. It would be one of my favourite bras (typical!)....but it does give me an excuse to go shopping!

We've also just spent the weekend at my gran's house with all of Dad's side of the family. She's not much of a computer/technology fan so there's no internet access there. It was great to see the family, though two weekends running with my sister was hard work. It was made easier by the prescence of Mum, she does help keep us calmer. It was great to introduce the munchkin to my uncle and cousins who hadn't seen her before Saturday. My uncle doesn't really like being a great uncle aged 50....it makes him feel old! He was so good with her though. The munchkin is a complete flirt she's far more likely to smile to laugh at a man or boy than a woman or girl!! At my gran's party on Saturday all the elderly gents who came to coo at her got grins, but of the women it was rather more hit or miss!

I decided to have a bit of a weekend off WW. It was going to be very hard to count points and no count would have been nigh on impossible when I wasn't involved in the cooking and we were eating out a bit. I did manage to eat less than I used to do which I'm quite pleased about. We did some nice walks down to the river and along some of the nearby fields.

I love spending time out in the countryside, I wish we could live there one day. At the moment, though, I don't drive and need to be able to get around to the suermarket myself. I am considering learning, but did start when I was 17 and hated it (I did have a very strange instructor though, he kept needing toilet breaks in the middle of my lessons!). I think Mr H and I will do some sums as we'll also need to get a second car. Although he'll be cycling to work fairly often (hopefully!), I hate the idea of driving (and parking) our big Mondeo. I am due some inheritance soon so we can afford to pay for lessons and get a car, it's whether or not we can afford the insurance on a second car.

1 comment:

Juggling Mother said...

Freaky!!!

Did you intend to.......

freak me out by putting the same pot up over and over again? *grin*


Bloody Blogger! it's done it to me a couple of times too, but never so many:-)

Glad the washing mc was ok. The engineer came out to see ours yesterday & embarressed Aggie by saying it was just a clogged filter - which Aggie swore to me he's cheked!