Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Raspberries!

Well, my alarm clock went off at 4:40 this morning!!!

The munchkin woke me up by blowing raspberries in her cot. Even without the monitor I would have been able to hear her! I thought she'd go back to sleep, but no...she got more grumpy and I ended up having to get up and feed her before settling her back down. She did go back to sleep for another 3 1/2 hours, but that was the end of a good night's sleep for me. I did manage to get back to sleep myself, but I'm not good with disturbed nights. I've started to get used to the munchkin sleeping through till 6 or even 7 which has helped make me feel a bit better.

I posted a few weeks ago about going back to the doctor for more anti-depressants and feeling better, well, that's changed. I've been finding it harder and harder to cope and have gone back to the point where little things could be the end of the world! The health visitor came round yesterday and has refered me to the community mental health team to try and work out what's causing my depression and what we can try to help. I was also supposed to be seeing the GP tomorrow to check my prescription, but I've just been given an appointment for the munchkin to get her birth mark checked out so I'm going to cancel that and try to see the GP on Friday. I know that finding out about the munchkin's haemangioma will help reassure me as there's a slim possibility that it's growing down into her head.

Anyway, I can hear raspberries again so I need to fetch the munchkin down from her nap. Bye!

No comments: