Sunday, April 09, 2006

Summertime (well almost!) and garden

Well, I didn't make it back on yesterday after all.

Mr H, the munchkin and I managed to get some time out in the garden in a brief bit of sunshine before we needed to bring her in for her bath. It was lovely.

It's the first time we've had a useable garden. In our old rented house we had a little patio with what must have been the world's biggest ants nest underneath it (we had suspicions the nest extended right under the house and out the front too, there were that many ants and an unhelpful landlord who didn't do much to help us get rid of them). The little blighters are rather off putting, especially when I'm allergic to insect bites and don't really fancy a week plus of ridiculously itchy lumps on my legs... We still have some ants here, though no where near as many of them.

This house has a dinky little lawned area right outside the door and a raised decking area with a shed and a gate that leads out to the road out of the estate. We need to do a bit of work on the garden. There's a raised bed at the side of the lawn full of dodgy ornaments and weedy little shrubs (and weeds!) that I want to completely revamp (possibly into a little vegetable patch....), plus Mr H needs to cut the grass (I have no idea how to use a strimmer [Mr H decided to get one of them instead of a lawn mower as the lawn is only small]...though I suppose I could learn...)

Anyway, need to go and put the munchkin down for a nap. enjoy what sunshine you can find for the rest of your Sunday. Bye!

No comments: